Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring 2010

Beds newly planted last summer are really coming into their own. Here I transplanted several Cana Lily corms from the western and southern planters after thay languished and never bloomed. Here in the northern planter they are multiplying.
This past weekend we finally removed the Jasmin 'humilis' or Italian Jasmine after it could not be kept under control. The process dulled a chain saw blade and broke a spade. I replaced it with an orange clock vine (Thunbergia gregorii).
After pulling out grasses from the bed to the west of these cana's, I transplanted the red cestrum from the south planter and also the monkey's paw that wasn't getting enough sun. We'll see if these can take in a sunnier spot, or need to be dumped. All the Abutilon I've moved into the ground are flourishing now. But the most spectacular is the Brugmansia 'Charles Grimaldi' which just won't quit.

No comments: